Guides and Information
Data Portal User Guides
- Data Access Policy
- Soils of North Wyke [Harrod and Hogan, 2008]
- Hydrological Assessment (Draft report v5 (31 Oct 08.pdf)
- Design Flow Estimations (Revised flow estimates (18 Aug 09.pdf)
- Establishment and Development of the NWFP (FP_UG.Doc.001_Estab&Develop)
- User Guide to 15 Minute Data (FP_UG.Doc.002_15MinData)
- User Guide to Field Survey Data (FP_UG.Doc.003_FieldSurveyData)
- User Guide to Field Events and Livestock Data (FP_UG.Doc.004_FieldEvents&LivestockData)
Supplementary Data and File Downloads
Data that are not available on the Data Portal can be directly downloaded here Farm Platform File Store
The data available include:
- Daily and 4-weekly Summary Statistics of the 15-minute data. Please refer to the 15-minute user-guide (FP_UG.Doc.002_15MinData) for the limitations when using these summaries.
- ArcGIS Shape-files of the Farm Platform fields.
- Animal Counts
- Farm Platform Maps
- User Guides
Please be aware that use of these data is at your own risk. Terms and conditions on the use of these data can be found in the Data Access Policy
Known Issues and Workarounds
We are aware that that are certain issues with the Data Portal. There are, however, ways to get around these issues. Below is a list of the current known issues and the temporary solutions.
1. MET-DATA Data Download
Issue: The data-download doesn’t contain the selected MET data.
Solution: Select catchment 4 in the map. As the MET station is located in the ‘old’ catchment 4.
2. Live Trends Graphs
Issue: The text on the axes of the Live Trends graphs is too small to read
Solution: Zoom in on graph using the browser zoom controls (Ctrl +)
3. Graph on Download page is refreshing all the time
Issue: When selecting variables, the graph is constantly updating, and the user has to wait until the loading has finished until another variable can be selected.
Solution: Change the date-interval to fall outside the available data period (above the variable selection boxes is stated when the data is available), then tick all the variables required. After all selection boxes are ticked, change the date to the desired date-interval. This way all the data will be loaded only once.
4. Issues with iPhone or Android phone
Issue: Some of the icon buttons on the NWFP front page aren’t appearing, making it impossible to enter the Data Portal.
Solution: No solution at present.
5. Closing the help page in the Data Portal in Chrome
Issue: The close button isn’t always visible on a laptop screen.
Solution: Use the mouse wheel to scroll down the page, or CTRL Page Down.
6. Animal Counts in fields from January 2015 onwards are not currently available, but Data Portal incorrectly returns 0-counts for this period.
Issue: Animal location data is currently only loaded until the end of December 2014. However, the Data Portal will return a spread sheet with animal counts set as 0, for dates queried after 31 December 2014.
Solution: Ignore animal counts from 01 January 2015 onwards.
Useful Links to External Data Repositories and Associated Organisations
- ECN [Environmental Change Network]
- CUASHI [The Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science]
- TELLUS SW
- COSMOS-UK [Cosmic-ray Soil Moisture Observing System]
- re3Data [Register of Research Data Repositories]
- CIEL [Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock]
- SIRN [Sustainable Intensification Research Network
- ANAEE [Infrastructure for Analysis and Experimentation on Ecosystems]